[C++-sig] Memory leak in Boost.python?

Vianney Lançon vianney.lancon at zslide.com
Tue May 11 10:42:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have some memory leak problems with boost python (1.31.0) for
interpreter embedding.

My memory leak tracker tells me that some resources allocated in
registry.cpp py_function.hpp and function_object.cpp are not freed at
the end of the application. There is also some resources allocated by
the libPython.

The doc http://www.boost.org/libs/python/todo.html#pyfinalize-safety and
some news seem to say that it’s a known problem.

Is there a work around or cvs version or a custom patch that could avoid
these leaks?
Apparently the TODO says that someone is working on it.  Has anyone an
idea when this problem will be resolved in stable version?

Thanks