[C++-sig] Re: Memory leak in Boost.python?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue May 11 16:29:24 CEST 2004

Vianney Lançon <vianney.lancon at zslide.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have some memory leak problems with boost python (1.31.0) for
> interpreter embedding.
>
> My memory leak tracker tells me that some resources allocated in
> registry.cpp py_function.hpp and function_object.cpp are not freed at
> the end of the application. There is also some resources allocated by
> the libPython.
>
> The doc http://www.boost.org/libs/python/todo.html#pyfinalize-safety
> and some news seem to say that it’s a known problem.
>
> Is there a work around or cvs version or a custom patch that could
> avoid these leaks?
> Apparently the TODO says that someone is working on it.

Dirk recently posted saying he didn't have time any more.

> Has anyone an idea when this problem will be resolved in stable
> version?

When there is time/money to work on the library.  Boost.Python and the
langbinding project could really use some attention, but to get the
kind of serious time it'll take to address issues like this one, we'll
need some funding and/or volunteers.  That's the harsh economic
reality :(

http://www.boost-consulting.com