[C++-sig] Re: Memory leak in Boost.python?

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Tue May 11 22:00:00 CEST 2004

On 11 May 2004 at 12:13, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> --- David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> > When there is time/money to work on the library.  Boost.Python and
> > the langbinding project could really use some attention, but to get
> > the kind of serious time it'll take to address issues like this one,
> > we'll need some funding and/or volunteers.  That's the harsh
> > economic reality :(
> I feel I should add a smiley to this. A couple of years ago when
> Boost.Python was still in its infancy we (among others) payed David to
> work on the library. Now Boost.Python does exactly all the things that
> we need. For us it works like charm. If someone is looking for a good
> investment opportunity, David is definitely giving a good return :)

For what it's worth, if I had attracted investment capital for my
business startup I had put 10,000 euro on the budget for Dave to do
various enhancements I wanted to BPL. Unfortunately, I didn't get it.

Out of curiosity, how much would 10,000 buy? How much did Dave cost
when you were paying him?

Version: idw's PGP-Frontend / 9-2003 + PGP 8.0.2