[C++-sig] Re: building boost.python on windows

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed May 12 14:43:55 CEST 2004

"Olivier Ravard" <olivier.ravard at novagrid.com> writes:

>> > Finally, I compiled boost.python with mingw and it works...
>>
>> We'd still like to see the requested information so we can fix
>> whatever bug caused your problem.
>>
> Here is all the commands I've made :
>

> set PYTHON_ROOT=c:\Python23
> set PYTHON_VERSION=2.3
> set MSVCDir="c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003"
> bjam "-sTOOLS=vc7.1"
>
> Everythings compiles well until :

Ah.  The problem is that the free VC++ toolkit only ships with a
static runtime library, but Boost.Python is configured to link with a
dynamic one.  I'm not sure whether it will work, but you might try

bjam "-sTOOLS=vc7.1" "-sBUILD=<runtime-link>static".

If, in libs/python/test

  bjam "-sTOOLS=vc7.1" "-sBUILD=<runtime-link>static" test

shows no errors, I would feel confident that it's OK.  Otherwise I
would say you probably have to shell out for the real VC++.

http://www.boost-consulting.com