[C++-sig] Re: -sBUILD=debug-python

Stefan Quandt Stefan.Quandt at bardenheuer.de
Wed Nov 24 09:28:27 CET 2004

David Abrahams wrote:

> Stefan Quandt <Stefan.Quandt at bardenheuer.de> writes:
>
> D> David Abrahams wrote:

>>> -DBOOST_PYTHON_DEBUGGING is never supposed to be in a command line.
>>> I think you mean -DBOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON.
>> Yes.

>>> Sorry, but either you didn't include the complete output, or there's
>>> no way you did the same, because no extension is being built.  In
>>> fact, it never even tries to link boost_python.dll.  What directory of
>>> your Boost tree were you in, and exactly what command line did you
>>> issue to get this result?
>> Sorry, I interrupted the build because of the missing
>> "-DBOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON".
>> Logs of a complete log encloesd.
>> Build directory: boost_1_32_0\libs\python\example
>> Build command: bjam -d+2 -sBUILD=debug-python test1
>
> I'm without a clue. Do the results look the same with
>
>    -n -sTOOLS=vc-7_1
> ?
Specifying TOOLS on the command line has no effect because of the line
  TOOLS=msvc
in my Jamrules file.

After deleting the line all compiler calls fail with
  Command line error D2016 : '/Ze' and '/Za' command-line options are
incompatible
Obviously bjam's tool detecting heuristics fail for MSVC6 (that's why I
originally added the TOOLS definition to my Jamrules).

Nevertheless with specifying "-sTOOLS=msvc" on the command line the
-DBOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON is now present in the compiler command lines!
And the "debug-python" build variant can be build successfully.

Thank you
  Stefan