[C++-sig] Re: VC7 internal compiler error with Boost 1 32 (python)

Vladimir Ignatov vignatov at colorpilot.com
Wed Nov 24 15:17:27 CET 2004

David,

It is not "wild theory", it is "sad practice".  I am talking about building
Python modules using boost::python, not building boost::python library
itself.  Library builds fine but together with VC 7.0 it kind of "unusable"
for me since I can't build any "serious" module with it.   Say, if I have
class with 10 methods, then python module builds fine. But if I add one more
method, then compiler brokes with "internal error" message.  The only
"workaround" is split this module in two or more files. Tested on two
different computers. Repeated with 100% probability.

    Vladimir Ignatov