[C++-sig] pyste, gccxml and boost ublas, random number generator etc

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 2 10:09:52 CEST 2005

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> The Brad King is right,
> source code should be ported to GCCXML compiler. This is the main
> problem.

I don't agree with that. From a user's perspective, gccxml itself
is not a compiler, but a compiler emulator. Users want to 'see' the
code as it is seen by a particular compiler (such as gcc or VC++),
for whatever reason.
It is one thing to say that the emulator doesn't support any particular
compiler, but another that the emulator just turned into a compiler
which the user (i.e. library developer) has to special-case for.

But we are getting way off-topic. May be we should continue on
the synopsis list ?

Regards,
		Stefan