[C++-sig] Is there a good Python C/C++ IDE?

Jonathan Brandmeyer jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 12 17:45:04 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 13:49 -0400, Scott Kaplan wrote:
> Being new to Python, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good IDE
> that would let me develop Python and add extensions in C/C++, with the
> capability of debugging those extensions.
>
> This will be on a Mac.

I use Eclipse with the PyDev and CDT extensions for C, C++, and Python
code editing and browsing, and use Scons for the build driver.  I
haven't managed to get the cdt's gdb plugin to work with a Python
extension module, but otherwise it has worked well for me.  The best
part is that the combination has the advantage of working on Linux, OSX,
and Windows, (and others) so you get to use basically the same toolset
on all three platforms.

HTH,
-Jonathan