[C++-sig] Boost.Python appears to be catching Fortran READ "exceptions".

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 21:40:18 CET 2005

--- Mike <mike at thewilsonfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> My app I want to prototype in Python has several C++ classes that rely on
> some routines written in FORTRAN.  Can I stop Python handling the errors
> that would have been handled in any case by the FORTRAN run time system?

It is not Python or Boost.Python doing anything special, it depends on your
Fortran compiler how I/O errors are dealt with. It must be the Fortran
runtime-library throwing the exception. I'd look at the Fortran documentation
to find out about the interrelation of Fortran I/O errors and C++ exceptions.
Ralf
P.S.: I always found it easier to translate Fortran code to C++ rather than
dealing with inter-language complications.