[C++-sig] .def(str(self)) compile problems

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 00:07:13 CET 2005

--- Simon Burton <simon at arrowtheory.com> wrote:

> OK, I think I fixed this problem. It is dependant on the set of includes
> used.
>
> This works (from boost/libs/python/test/operators.cpp )
>
> #include <boost/python/operators.hpp>
> #include <boost/python/class.hpp>
> #include <boost/python/module.hpp>
> #include <boost/python/def.hpp>
>
> #include <boost/python/module.hpp>
> #include <boost/python/class.hpp>
> #include <boost/python/operators.hpp>
> #include <boost/operators.hpp>
>
> But as soon as this is used:
>
> #include <boost/python.hpp>
>
> the compile fails with previously reported errors.
>
> This has got to be a bug ?

Looks like one to me, too.
Could you help out debugging this?

Keep the four includes above that work.
Copy-and-paste all includes from boost/python.hpp into your cpp file.
Verify that you get the error.
Remove half of the includes and try to compile. If the error is still there,
remove half of the remaining includes, etc. If the error goes away put back
what was removed and remove the other half. Keep going until you find the one
include that breaks the compilation.
It should only take a few minutes.

Cheers,
        Ralf