[C++-sig] Re: boost.python: problem exposing static attribute with specific to_python converter

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sat Jan 8 17:25:38 CET 2005

Baptiste Lepilleur wrote:

>     Is this a bug ?

No, just bad instructions from me.  Clearly the docs don't give all the
information neccessary to get it right or I would have given you good
instructions :(

>     I got it working using:
>       .add_static_property( "staticVar",
>          make_getter(&TestString::staticVar,
>             return_value_policy<copy_non_const_reference>() ) )
>
>     Is there a way to change the return type used in the function generated
> by make_getter to be by value instead of by reference, so that the
> default_call_policies could be used ?

No, but of course you can always make your own getter function that
returns by value.  It's hard to say which would be preferable.

http://www.boost-consulting.com