[C++-sig] error in argument conversion

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 23 04:48:55 CET 2005

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> I don't quite understand the text in the 'ArgumentError' exception.

This error seems to hint that my interpretation wasn't far off:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "../../../../contrib/bpl/ptree.py", line 21, in ?
     ptree.accept(walker)
TypeError: No to_python (by-value) converter found for C++ type: PTree::List

Here I called a method 'accept' that is defined for List's base class 'Node'.
Why does bpl want a 'by-value converter' for PTree::List ? Does this imply
a copy-construction of an actual PTree::List instead of PTree::List * somewhere ?

Thanks for any hints,
		Stefan