[C++-sig] In a C++ extension, how to use a C++ class exported in another extension

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Jul 4 14:22:12 CEST 2005

Clark <foo.Clark at gmail.com> writes:

>> Oh, I see; all Swig objects have the same type?
> Yes, they are all PySwigObject.

Please try to leave a blank line above and below quoted material;
otherwise it's hard to pick out what you're saying.

>> Well you need some way to identify the Python objects for which the
>> above statement is true, unless you want to forego all error checking
>> and just allow a crash if a Swig-wrapped Foo is passed where a
>> Swig-wrapped Bar is expected.
> Sometimes it's critical.

Sometimes it's critical to... identify the Python objects for which
the above statement is true?  Forego all error checking and allow a
crash?  Something else?

> For example, to paint on screen efficiently, we must use the DC's
> methods in C++ directly. But because usually the GUI or framework is
> written in Python, we can only get the DC as a Python Object.

I don't see the connection between that scenario and anything we're
discussing.

www.boost-consulting.com