[C++-sig] [boost.python] char arrays in structs

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Jul 4 18:58:11 CEST 2005

Markus Schöpflin <markus.schoepflin at comsoft.de> writes:

> Is it to be expected that I do need a custom type converter for this? Or do
> I miss something?

It's "expected" in the sense that I never thought of implementing
automatic conversions for char arrays.  It should be possible to do,
although that would probably get me into the position of implementing
generalized array conversions (e.g. from Python lists).  It's a little
bit messy and not something I can get to right away.