[C++-sig] slots != 0

Aaron Bentley abentley at panoramicfeedback.com
Mon Jul 18 22:51:42 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I seem to have encountered a condition that should be impossible, in
Boost 1.31 Python.

I was getting assertion failures on registry.cpp, line 162:

      assert(slot == 0); // we have a problem otherwise

Commenting it out, I got a big stack of warnings about various things in
my _xml module being imported twice.  I can't see how this could happen,
and I don't know whether this is my bug or boost's.  Any suggestion of
the type of thing that could cause this would be appreciated.

So far, it's defying attempts to produce a reasonable test case.  There
may be circular dependencies, or something wacky like that.

Aaron

$ ppython pflib/report_gen.py
/home/abentley/programming/python/pflib/pfxml.py:3: RuntimeWarning:
to-Python converter for 7xmlList already registered; second conversion
method ignored.
  import _xml
/home/abentley/programming/python/pflib/pfxml.py:3: RuntimeWarning:
to-Python converter for N3xml8XmlTableE already registered; second
conversion method ignored.
  import _xml
/home/abentley/programming/python/pflib/pfxml.py:3: RuntimeWarning:
to-Python converter for St8auto_ptrIN3xml8XmlTableEE already registered;

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology