[C++-sig] Problems with cross module problems with current boost CVS, Python 2.3, OS 10.3.9, and gcc 3.3

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Jul 22 13:53:53 CEST 2005

Joseph Winston <josephwinston at mac.com> writes:

> I built boost from cvs as follows:
> Obviously, I'm either not building boost correctly or I'm not linking
> correctly.  Does anybody see what I'm doing wrong?

No, but:

1. as the tutorial says
   (http://boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/python/hello.html),

         Take note however that the preferred build tool for
         Boost.Python is bjam. There are so many ways to set up the
         build incorrectly. Experience shows that 90% of the "I can't
         build Boost.Python" problems come from people who had to use
         a different tool.

2. Your problem could be caused by linking with a static
   libboost_python instead of a dynamic one.

www.boost-consulting.com