[C++-sig] Boost.Python.function.__signatures__

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 22:15:57 CEST 2005

--- Nikolay Mladenov <nickm at sitius.com> wrote:
> Don't you think relying on the order of overloads is a problem by
> itself?

Well, yes, but that's the way Boost.Python works at the moment, and I had a few
situations where I had to get the order right to achieve what I wanted.

> I do the sorting so I can write:
> func( arg1 [, arg2 [, arg3[ ...]]]])
> instead of n lines with one arg difference.
> And I do not reorder the overloads.

That's very nice, but couldn't you also do this without sorting? In most cases
you'd probably get the same result anyway, but you wouldn't undo the work
someone may have done in ordering the overloads.

Cheers,
        Ralf