[C++-sig] py++ status

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 25 15:18:35 CEST 2005

Roman Yakovenko wrote:

> What about Pyste? I think that in a few months I will have all functionality
> that Pyste has in py++. So I prefer not to invest my time into Pyste.

What about the users who invested into their code and build system relying on pyste ?

While the features you mention seem to me quite worthwhile, I'm not sure such a
list alone is reason enough for people to switch. Is there no way to enhance pyste
itself to sport the same features you mention ?
What about the underlaying design ? How does that compare to that of pyste ?

I'm certainly going to look at py++, at least for inspiration. It would be
interesting to know how big pyste's user base is, and what could be done to
mitigate any changes that are imposed on users, i.e. how to provide a smooth
migration path, if possible.

Regards,
		Stefan