[C++-sig] Error message: undefined reference to '_Py_NoneStruct'

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Jul 27 19:45:27 CEST 2005

Alexander Borghgraef <alexander.borghgraef.rma at gmail.com> writes:

>  I'm working on a Fedora linux machine on which boost was already installed,
> and on which I don't have root privileges, so I have no clue how it
> was installed.
> Maybe from rpm, is that possible? So I guess the best thing to do would be to
> build a local boost.python install in my home directory, see if that
> works, and then
> badger the sysadmin to correct the error globally?

That's a possibility, but I'm less concerned about your
libboost_python installation than about how you're assembling your
own extension module or executable.  The simplest possible answer to
your problem is that you're not linking with Python or you're using a
different Python than libboost_python was compiled against.

> I'll try that for now.

Are you trying to do embedding or extending?