[C++-sig] exporting __stdcall methods

Nicolas Lelong nico_ml at mgdesign.org
Thu Jun 2 18:24:09 CEST 2005

Hi !

as I have some time ahead, I upgraded my codebase to latest boost snapshot.
I was quite surprised to see that, by default, BPL still can't export
__stdcall & __fastcall functions, or, at least, I could not find anything
that allows that !...

I thought that it may be useful to send my patch to deal with these calling
conventions...

I improved somewhat the patch I used before to handle the situation a little
bit like type_traits lib does, by adding two defines that should sit in BPL
config.hpp : BOOST_PYTHON_ENABLE_STDCALL and BOOST_PYTHON_ENABLE_FASTCALL.

I did not go on tweaking or adding a specific test, as I first wanted to
have some feedback about the usefulness of such a patch and about the
quality of the one I'm proposing.

Any thoughts ?
Regards,

Nicolas.