[C++-sig] Boost.Python

Donald Winkelmann daw at pleiad.umdnj.edu
Wed May 4 00:24:47 CEST 2005

I've finally was able to get Boost.Python to build on OS X 10.3
following some suggestions from Tom Denninston. I'm really not familiar
with Boost or Python, but I need it for an application, eman, that uses
it. Now I've run into a libtool error that I don't understand and
perhaps someone can enlighten me:

/Users/daw/eman/libpyEM: building default_target
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
Building shared library /Users/daw/eman/lib/libpyEM.dylib...
ld: PyEMDataWrap.o illegal reference to symbol: _PyErr_SetString
defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[3]: *** [/Users/daw/eman/lib/libpyEM.dylib] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_libpyEM] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

The libpyEM.dylib was linking to libboost_python-1_32.dylib when I
encounter this error. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
daw