[C++-sig] Boost.Python embedding examples

Neb Naic niacneb at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 22:05:11 CEST 2005

Hello,

I've noticed there are no examples of embedded Python in the installation of Boost.Python.  Why are the "getting started" examples only for extending Python?

Is Boost.Python not viable for embedding Python?  Should I use CXX or SWIG instead?

Finally, the Boost.Python Web site builds up the extending case very well; but, the embedding aspects assume too much of a Python background (IMHO).  And, no complete example is given.

I really hope to not have to use the Python/C++ API.  My application requires both extending and embedding.  Please help!

Thanks,
  Niac