[C++-sig] [C++-sig] [python] Fix for embedding.cpp test on SunOS

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Fri May 13 05:01:33 CEST 2005

Caleb Epstein wrote:
> Re: http://tinyurl.com/a9dhn
>
> The Boost.Python embedding.cpp test fails on gcc-3_4_3-sunos because
> it tries to link with a nonexistent library "util".  This library
> seems to be a BSD-ism from my Googling.  It exists on Linux as well,
> and contains symbols like "login" and "openpty", which I can hardly
> imagine this test or Boost.Python depends on.

I believe it is the python runtime itself that depends on libutil,
at least on some systems, so you mustn't remove it if you want
to embedd python. (In contrast I remember at least one python
version to list a wrong dependency on 'util' on cygwin, where
that library wasn't even installed.)

Regards,
		Stefan