[C++-sig] Traceback error: Pointer

Lothar Werzinger lothar at xcerla.com
Tue May 31 20:33:13 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 10:57, Arunie wrote:
> No, it doesn't work either way. The python part itself uses the swig
> interface, and relies on other Example files.
> The file is executable, but it won't execute. I am sorry, but I do not
> understand what you mean by 'check if the x bit is set'. I tried to look it
> up online, but no avail.

Well, as you said you call ./testExample.py I assumed you are using a Unix
system. On these systems scripts can specify the interpreter to use by
putting a line like
#!pathtointerpreter/interpreter
as the FIRST line of the script.

If this line is missing or wrong you can NOT execute the script like
  ./testExample.py
you would have to write
  python ./testExample.py
instead.

If the script contains the line mentioned, it still has to be marked as
executable. This can be achieved by issuing the command
  chmod +x ./testExample.py
on the commandline

Lothar
--