[C++-sig] Warning: non-POD class type passed through

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Nov 3 15:13:48 CET 2005

"Raghavendra K . B" <raghavendra_hpt at yahoo.co.in> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I am getting following Warning : non-POD class type passed through
>
>   buf.Format(KKeyCreateTime, rate, noKeyPairCreations, keyCreateTime);
>                                                                                     ^
>
>  If any one has faced this problem , please let me know the solution .I badly need solution for this

You are asking in the wrong list.  Followups should go to
comp.lang.c++ or comp.lang.c++.moderated.

To save you some trouble, Format almost certainly has a ... in its
signature.  If you pass a non-POD
(http://www.fnal.gov/docs/working-groups/fpcltf/Pkg/ISOcxx/doc/POD.html)
through ... you get undefined behavior.  Don't do that.