[C++-sig] boost.python error

Ricardo Kirkner ricardokirkner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:39:07 CET 2005

Hi:

I just wrote a small wrapper for a class, using pyste (boost.python). I am
just trying to figure out how this works, before I get on wrapping the whole
real library.

I did run pyste succesfully (which generated a .cpp file) , and I also did
run bjam successfully, which generated the .so library. However, when I try
to import the newly generated library in python, I get the following error:

ImportError: ./opal.so: undefined symbol:
_ZTVN5boost6python7objects21py_function_impl_baseE

Can anyone tell me why is this error being produced (and how to fix it)?
Does this mean that the .so didnt linked to the boost library?

Thank you,

Ricardo Kirkner