[C++-sig] boost.python error

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 5 15:30:49 CET 2005

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> Note that you will always have to worry about LD_LIBRARY_PATH; this is how you
> tell dlopen (used by Python) where to find your custom shared libraries.

just a little nit-picking:

The library being searched for here (libboost_python.so) isn't dlopened, only
the depending python module is. Python has its own way to figure out from
where to load its modules, and that doesn't involve LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
However, if those modules depend on other DSOs, the dynamic loader (ld.so
on my system) kicks in, and *then* you may need LD_LIBRARY_PATH to add
non-default places to look in.

Regards,
		Stefan