[C++-sig] Issues with Overloading with Boost

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Oct 18 13:57:53 CEST 2005

"Dirgesh Patel" <dirgesh.patel at hp.com> writes:

> I have listed many questions about overloading in the gmane.comp.python.c++
> newsgroup.
>
> Yet i still have not found a cure for my issue. The problem that I am having
> is I have a function called
>
> bkimage* copy(bkimage *img,
>               xint32_t pln0, xint32_t row0, xint32_t col0,
>               xint32_t pln1, xint32_t row1, xint32_t col1)
>
> then i have a boost.cpp file which is running this line
>
> BOOST_PYTHON_FUNCTION_OVERLOADS(imageMorph_copy, copy, 1, 7)
> and
> def("copy", copy, imageMorph_copy()
> [return_value_policy<manage_new_object>()] );
>
> yet i still get errors

Dirgesh,

Part of the reason you're not getting better answers here may be that
there isn't enough information in your question to see what the
problem is.  If you can post to gmane.comp.python.c++ the errors
you're seeing with a minimal, complete example that fails for you,
I'll try to help you sort it out.  A minimal, complete example in this
case would be a single .cpp file containing the declaration of copy,
the use of BOOST_PYTHON_FUNCTION_OVERLOADS, and the call to def.

Regards,
www.boost-consulting.com