[C++-sig] Nasty Heap Error in MSVC 7.1 With Boost andPythonUsing Derived Classes

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 18 16:51:58 CEST 2005

mjkeyes at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Sorry for the spam, but one final note:
>
> I used bjam and still got the linking error.  If I add import.cpp to my
> project, the linking error goes away.  Thoughts?  I looked at the build
> files and see that exec.cpp and import.cpp have been added, but I'm
> still getting this linking error.

Sorry, that's still too vague to be of any help. The 'exec.cpp' test applet,
which makes use of both, exec as well as import, gets built and run with bb1,
and there are no linking errors on any of the tested platforms.

I thus have no idea what could be the cause of the failure you are seeing.
It's most probably related to your build procedure. (But since I don't have
MSVC I'm totally unqualified to help if the problem is related to that.)

Regards,
		Stefan