[C++-sig] Nasty Heap Error in MSVC 7.1 With Boost andPythonUsing Derived Classes

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 19 00:14:29 CEST 2005

David Abrahams wrote:

> http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html#VisualStudio
>
> shows that they're maintained by Brett Calcott.

>>If MSVC project files are provided, can't they simply be wrappers that
>>delegate to bb1/bb2 internally ?
>

> Heck if I know.  Understanding one build system is more than enough for me.

In another life, when I was forced to work with MSVC, I modified the project
settings to simply run 'make' underneath. As a consequence, I never again
touched the project file(s), but only maintained the make-based build system.

The same should be possible with MSVC vs. bb1/bb2. However, as I don't know
what the reason is for boost.org to provide MSVC project files in the first place,
I don't know whether the above strategy would help anybody at all.

Regards,
		Stefan