[C++-sig] void pointers as arguments and return values ( using pyplusplus )

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 18:49:07 CEST 2006

On 4/19/06, Rod Cloutier <rodlist at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of void pointer handling in pyplusplus ? I have been
> trying to follow the multiple threads but I seem to get lost in all the
> different patches.

As for me they just work. I run a tester ( call_policies_tester.py )
that checks this
issue.

> So far, if I understand correctly, the cvs trunk has the patch. I should be
> able to get the latest version, compile boost.python and everything should
> work fine without any changes to pyplusplus. Am I right ?

Right

> By the way, I did all those steps and it didn't work so I am trying to
> remove all known facts before looking for my problem...

Good luck. Also my advise is: take a look on boost.python tests and
pyplusplus unit tests.
( Search for void* ptr and try to run relevant tests )

Also if you find some issues with pyplusplus, please report them to
pygccxml-development
list: http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pygccxml-development

> Thanks
>
> Rodrigue Cloutier