[C++-sig] Automatic conversions for const std::string&

Gabriel Becedillas gabriel.becedillas at corest.com
Thu Dec 21 19:58:10 CET 2006

I have a lot of functions returning "const std::string&". Every time I
wrap one of those I have to do it like this:

class_.def("name", &someclass::bla,
boost::python::return_value_policy<boost::python::copy_const_reference>()
);

Is there a way to register a return value conversion for "const
std::string&" so I can omit the
"boost::python::return_value_policy<boost::python::copy_const_reference>()"
every time I have to wrap this functions ? I wan't those strings to be
copied to python as new strings (I don't want to hold a pointer to them).
Thanks