[C++-sig] Registration order in pyplusplus

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:54:15 CET 2006

On 2/9/06, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge at nedprod.com> wrote:
> Seems a shame. Pyste never told python about default arguments, so if
> you asked for help on that API from within python you couldn't see
> what the defaults were. Furthermore, later on, I'm sure you will want
> to integrate docstrings pulled from doxygen output and if the
> parameter names are not known you won't be able to print per-
> parameter (\param) docs.

Yes. I definitely will do it.

> No chance of sorting based on arg() usage being added?

I will do it. But it will take some time. 19 - 28 I have a trip to Dead Sea.
So I do not want to insert this functionality before it. Also CVS version
is much better then previous released one. I'd like to make a release
before I implement this. Work around I provided you is temporal.
You can continue to work, me too. After I implement the functionality
the only thing that you will have to do is delete few lines of code.

> Your other email where arg() doesn't need predefinition is equally a
> solution. BPL could lazily add in the type info later, but it would
> involve maintaining a list of where that type has been used in an
> arg() and retrospectively linking it in when the definition is made.
> I have a feeling that Dave won't want that extra complexity when you
> can just reorder the registrations.

I will explain my point in that thread.

> Cheers,
> Niall