[C++-sig] registration order

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Feb 10 22:17:51 CET 2006

Roman Yakovenko <roman.yakovenko at gmail.com> writes:

> I see from the doc
>
> Class arg operator =
> template <class T> arg &operator = (T const &value);
> Requires: The argument must convertible to python.
>
> that this is intentional behaviour. Is it possible to remove this requirement?

In theory, I suppose, it's possible.  But it would take some
effort and it would have an efficiency cost.  I'd have to
store a copy of the C++ argument, which would later be converted, on
demand, to Python.

On second thought, it doesn't look *that* tough.  If you can give me a
failing test case (a patch to the existing args test would be best)
then I'll try to make it work.

www.boost-consulting.com