[C++-sig] Problems when Building Boost.python with Borland compiler

Jason Kankiewicz jkankiewicz at advpubtech.com
Fri Feb 10 18:31:58 CET 2006

Microsoft offers a free version of their Visual C++ compiler that comes
with Visual Studio .NET 2003 (VC++ 7.1). It's called the "Microsoft
Visual C++ Toolkit 2003" and you can download it from their website.

This may be preferable as the Windows binary distribution of Python is
built with VC++, not MinGW, so you're guaranteed ABI compatibility with
it if you build the Boost.Python library and and your extensions with
VC++ as well.