[C++-sig] Pyplusplus templates and roadmap

Allen Bierbaum abierbaum at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 02:03:00 CET 2006

I finally got back from vacation and had a chance to read through the
tutorial.  I now have a better understanding of what you are trying to
accomplish and I am able to understand what the examples are trying to
do.  I have a few comments:

- I think the tutorial should also expose a class.  The first thing I
tried to do after reading the tutorial was to expose a class and it
did not work.  (I think I need to use either filters or recursive to
make it work but I haven't figured that out yet).

- More extensive reference documentation for the classes/methods in
pyplusplus would be very helpful.  As it stands now I have an idea of
what I want to do but I don't have a good place to look for
documentation that describes how the current methods work.  Even just
having a line or two that describes each class and method (similar to
what is in some parts of gccxml) would help tremendously.

The tutorial is definitely a step in the right direction.  After
reading it I think pyplusplus can solve many of the issues I was
having with Pyste.

Thanks,
Allen