[C++-sig] Pyplusplus templates and roadmap

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 06:26:41 CET 2006

On 2/12/06, Allen Bierbaum <abierbaum at gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally got back from vacation and had a chance to read through the
> tutorial.  I now have a better understanding of what you are trying to
> accomplish and I am able to understand what the examples are trying to
> do.  I have a few comments:

I am glad, you find my project useful. :-)

> - I think the tutorial should also expose a class.  The first thing I
> tried to do after reading the tutorial was to expose a class and it
> did not work.  (I think I need to use either filters or recursive to
> make it work but I haven't figured that out yet).

There are so many ways to expose class. If you try to expose class, please
use pyplusplus GUI. It has new functionality - generate pyplusplus code.
Should be very helpful to you.

> - More extensive reference documentation for the classes/methods in
> pyplusplus would be very helpful.  As it stands now I have an idea of
> what I want to do but I don't have a good place to look for
> documentation that describes how the current methods work.  Even just
> having a line or two that describes each class and method (similar to
> what is in some parts of gccxml) would help tremendously.

I am working on it. I will have documentation generated from source.
I think, that after user understands main concepts of pyplusplus + pygccxml
it will do the job.

> Thanks,
> Allen

Thanks