[C++-sig] registration order

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:18:15 CET 2006

On 2/10/06, David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> In theory, I suppose, it's possible.

I hope that I'm not being too much of a nuisance, but I would like to
give next citation:
You can see full mail here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2006-February/010139.html
( at the end of the mail )

Niall Douglas:
If you try either of these you run into major problems - there are
too many dependency issues to do it manually. I did try shuffling
around the registrations but gave up after I had moved ten.

> But it would take some
> effort and it would have an efficiency cost.  I'd have to
> store a copy of the C++ argument, which would later be converted, on
> demand, to Python.

It seems I miss something very trivial, but why do you need to convert
default argument
to Python?

> On second thought, it doesn't look *that* tough.  If you can give me a
> failing test case (a patch to the existing args test would be best)
> then I'll try to make it work.

Thank you very much. By the way if it too complex, then I already have
a fix to pyplusplus, that will take into account default arguments.

Any way, I attach 3 files:
    args.py
    args.cpp
    args.patch

Please, pay attention: you will not be able to import args_ext module.
Run time error will be thrown: no to_python converted has been found
for class item
( or something similar ). It will break all existing test in that unit test.

> --
> Dave Abrahams
> Boost Consulting
> www.boost-consulting.com