[C++-sig] ImportError

François Duranleau duranlef at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Feb 27 17:54:18 CET 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Grant Tang wrote:

>>> Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>>> ImportError: ./gailGA.so: undefined symbol:
>>> _ZN18GA_scalingLinearETC1Ed
>>    This means that our Python module is not finding the path to your
>> C++ shared library.
> I don't think so. It looks more like some kind of boost.python library
> version problem. Are you sure the shared boost.python library linked in
> your system is the same library you build gailGA.so?

Read the error message again. It says it can not find the symbol
'_ZN18GA_scalingLinearETC1Ed' which demangles to
'GA_scalingLinearET::GA_scalingLinearET(double)', and that comes from your
library. Did you link link the Python module with your library?

François Duranleau
LIGUM, Université de Montréal

"A person's truth is so simple that most ignore it to concentrate on what
  they think are deeper truths."
                                           - from _Neon Genesis Evangelion_