[C++-sig] easy method for converting boost::tuple to python tuple?

Grant Goodyear grant at grantgoodyear.org
Mon Jan 23 19:05:06 CET 2006

I have a c++ function that returns boost::tuple<double, float, int>.  From
python I get the following when I try to access this function::

No to_python (by-value) converter found for C++ type:
boost::tuples::tuple<double, float, int, boost::tuples::null_type,
boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type,
boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type,
boost::tuples::null_type, boost::tuples::null_type>

Fair enough, I need to tell boost.python what to do.  Google provides
the following link:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2002-July/001722.html
which is a tad dated.  Is there a simple way to tell boost.python
how to perform the conversion?

Thanks,
Grant Goodyear
--