[C++-sig] Protected destructor compile error

Daniel Wallin daniel at boost-consulting.com
Sun Jul 23 13:06:32 CEST 2006

David Abrahams wrote:
> Did I mention I'm not making any heavy decisions while I'm on
> vacation?  Why don't y'all discuss the tradeoffs here and decide
> whether it's worth it.

I think the incompatibility problem makes the change not worth the
trouble. This issue isn't common enough. Introducing a metafunction that
can be specialized by the user OTOH is a really trivial change. I have
code ready with a "is_destructible" metafunction, shall I add tests and
check in?

--
Daniel Wallin