[C++-sig] Boost.Python to use non-standard python location on OS X

Roberto Aguilar roberto.c.aguilar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 00:17:31 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to build the example Boost.Python project on OS X using the
python version 2.4.2 provided by Fink, which is installed at:

/sw/bin/python

The includes and libraries are:

/sw/include/python2.4
/sw/lib/python2.4

I set the following in my Jamrules file:

PYTHON_VERSION = 2.4 ;
PYTHON_ROOT = /sw ;
PYTHON_INCLUDES = /sw/include/python2.4 ;
PYTHON_LIB_PATH = /sw/lib/python2.4 ;

But, when I build, it seems that the resulting module is still linking
to /usr/bin/python, which is version 2.3.

Trying to use the module using /sw/bin/python results in:

----
[berto at drjekyll][713]$ /sw/bin/python
Python 2.4.2 (#1, Mar 22 2006, 18:15:19)
>>> import data
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort trap
----

But using /usr/bin/python, everything works well.

I then thought the problem was that I built boost without specifying
the non-standard location so I recompiled using:

----
bjam -sTOOLS=darwin -sPYTHON_ROOT=/sw -sPYTHON_VERSION=2.4
-sPYTHON_INCLUDES=/sw/include/python2.4
-sPYTHON_LIB_PATH=/sw/lib/python2.4 -a
----

Still no luck.