[C++-sig] Distutils: setup script for binary files

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 07:44:32 CEST 2006

Hi.

I asked the next question on Python list and did not get the answer.
May be I will
have more luck here.

I want to create setup script, that will install compiled extension module
plus few binaries the extension module depends on.

For example: I have package X:

X:
    __init__.py
    _x_.dll ( or so )
    some other dll's ( so's ) _x_.dll depends on.

I took a look on Python documentation,
http://docs.python.org/dist/describing-extensions.html, but it only
describes how to create
setup script for extension module from source files.

I think, I can treat _x_.dll as it was regular Python script. My
problem is, that on Linux
I should put "some other so's" in some directory, program loader can find.
How can I do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

--