[C++-sig] Announcement: pyboost package - first release

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 19:22:20 CEST 2006

--- Roman Yakovenko <roman.yakovenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/6/06, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve <rwgk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I was hoping to get the pyplusplus-generated source code, but I can only
> find
> > .py and .so files in the linux zip file. Is there some place I can see the
> > generated C++ files?
>
> I almost forgot, pyplusplus has simple GUI, that will allow you to see
> generated code
> without learning API. There are few users that does not use API at
> all. You don't
> have to install anything ( except gccxml, pygccxml and pyplusplus ).
>
> http://www.language-binding.net/pyplusplus/tutorials/pyplusplus_demo.png
>
> http://www.language-binding.net/pyplusplus/tutorials/tutorials.html

I was mainly interested in seeing if you have a better __hash__ method for your
rational type than the one I came up with, but I see you haven't gotten to that
yet. A few years ago I wanted to use rational number instances as Python
dictionary keys. In the rush of time I threw in a quick-and-dirty solution
which unfortunately persists to this day:

  http://phenix-online.org/cctbx_sources/boost_adaptbx/rational_ext.cpp

If anyone knows how to implement the hash function in a better way I'd be
grateful for advice.

Cheers,
        Ralf