[C++-sig] Another bug in pyplusplus

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 15:46:41 CEST 2006

On 6/18/06, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge at nedprod.com> wrote:
> No problem. I have the imageviewer.py example very nearly working.
> Once it is working, I would consider the python bindings finished
> apart from three items:
>
> 1. Named parameters do not work which is annoying because BPL throws
> an exception if its type is as yet unregistered. This problem can't
> be fixed by pyplusplus - it requires fixing BPL.

class_t has property - always_expose_using_scope. If you set it to true, then
it can help you in next case:

struct A{
    void do_smth( const A& a=A() ){...}
};

Generated code will not throw exception, while registering the function.

> 2. FXWinShellLink causes pyplusplus to generate bad code. This is
> because it uses unions.

Not just unions, but unnamed ones :-)

I work on a project that has same problem, you have good chance that I
will add missing
functionality.

> 3. FXImage subclasses don't provide a working getData(). This
> requires custom body text insertion to be added to pyplusplus.

Can you send short example what pyplusplus generates now and the code you need
to be generated, may be I will find a solution.

> Otherwise, they're finished! Thanks for all the help!

My pleasure :-)

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding