[C++-sig] Protected destructor compile error

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 20:56:42 CEST 2006

On 6/23/06, Allen Bierbaum <abierbaum at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could always just try to make some smart wrapper code with
> pyplusplus that automatically detects this case and creates a thin
> wrapper for me.  (any ideas here Roman?)

Actually yes. You have 2 ways to go:
1. Contribute to pyplusplus:
    1. Add code to pyplusplus.decl_wrappers.calldef_t.has_wrapper.
This code should
        "understand", that function takes an argument const reference to
        non-destructable object.
    2. Add code that generates wrapper code to
code_creators/calldef.py relevant
        classes.
    This is not should be very difficult. If you need more
information, please ask on
    pyplusplus mailing list.

2. Easy and quick.
    Build custom small code generator, that will generate function
wrapper, for every
    function, that takes as argument "const Viewport&". After this, exclude all
    original functions and replace them with new functions. This
should work and it
    should take less then an hour to implement it.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding