[C++-sig] rvalue custom converters ( was Protected destructor compile error )

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 22:06:46 CEST 2006

On 6/23/06, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve <rwgk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > How does this work? What happen if I register custom rvalue converter,
> > for example for vector< MyClassX > and also class_< vector< MyClassX >
> > > using
> > indexing suite.
> >
> > Can you point me to the documentation?
>
> The info in the FAQ is all there is. A couple of times David mentioned that the
> mechanics could be simplified (and then formally documented), but it never
> happened. -- It doesn't seem all that important to me. I find the examples
> fully sufficient.

I will study the examples. I and Lakin Wecker work on Python bindings for Ogre.
That library contains few classes like Matrix3 or Matrix4( Vector3, Vector4 ).
Those classes have constructors from regular C++ arrays. It could be nice if
we can create Python bindings, where user could pass Python list or
tuple instead
of [Matrix|Vector][3|4] as argument to functions.

If I understand right, custom rvalue converters is the way to go, right?
The only question I have is how it will work in presents of registration of
[Matrix|Vector][3|4] classes?

Thank you for your help.

--
Roman Yakovenko