[C++-sig] Visual Studio 2005 Revisited

Thomas Sanders te_sanders at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 05:55:41 CEST 2006

I was wondering if anyone had (secretly?) had success
getting Python 2.4.3 to run under a Visual Studio 2005
(VC++ 8) compilation?

I ran into the winsig.c assertion issue
(http://tinyurl.com/jra7b), and figured the patch
might become part of 2.5. There was also some
back-and-forth (http://tinyurl.com/e84yf) about
whether VS 2005 would officially be supported at all
-- I don't mind getting my hands dirty tweaking 2.4.3
if I could get the compilation to run properly. The
alternatives would be to fall back to VS6 or to obtain
VS7, but since MS is giving VS 2005 Standard away for
"free" (http://tinyurl.com/rcfaa), it'd be a shame.

Any thoughts on how I might approach this?

Thanks,
Thomas