[C++-sig] Template Functions

Nicolas Tessore wz_ at gmx.net
Sun Oct 22 17:55:35 CEST 2006

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> In your opinion how this FAQ should be written?
I would add a little abstract describing the problem in normal speech,
so that it gets immediately clear what the answer adresses. Sometimes
you overlook the solution simply because you fail to see the
similarities (at least I do this :/).

"How to deal with template on return type functions?"
"There are situations in which Py++ cannot ..."

This makes it easier for beginners to find their problems in the FAQ :)

> This is a bug. I would like to know your opinion: what do you consider
> to be hard and how
> you propose to fix it, really.
The whole setup process is quite underexplained. Not a Py++ issue
really, but you have to do a lot of additional research to get it to
run. As I said - this is not a Py++ issue. But I imagine it keeps a lot
of "I just started" users from using it.

And it makes it harder for me when I want to share my bindings, since I
will need to write a whole lot of documentation just to enable others to
  rebuild the Python module:
Documentation on how to get Boost (easy) and on how to get GCC XML
(hard: CVS needed, CMake needed, build manually)

It's not your fault, and I am really happy you have created such a nice
language wrapper. I guess it's just to early to expect a fully featured
solution :)

N.