[C++-sig] How to make *.so file callable in different platforms(unix, windows, mac)

Achim H. achim-bpl at mol-net.com
Wed Oct 25 09:29:24 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 07:40 schrieb Qinfeng(Javen) Shi:

> I have wrapped something c++ code and build it into *.so file under Unix. >
The problem is that user can only import it under Unix now. > How can I let
it work under different platforms(windows,mac)?

You have to compile it on those platforms as well, in case of Windows to
a .dll file.

( If you want the same filename extension on all platforms then you are
allowed to rename the dll/so files to .pyd after creation, but still each
platform needs its file natively compiled.)

Achim.

-- Dr. Achim Herwig, Dipl.-Chem. Molecular Networks GmbH, Nägelsbachstraße 25,
91052 Erlangen, Germany Tel. (+49 9131) 97 90 624, (+49 9131) 81 56 68, Fax.
(+49 9131) 81 56 69 achim.herwig at molecular-networks.com -
http://www.molecular-networks.com